Have you ever wandered about catching public transport but been overwhelmed, confused and frankly anxious about the mere thought?
Our team at the Barwon Stroke Support Centre has set up a partnership with McHarry's bus company who have offered to run a ‘Catching Public Transport’ session for Stroke Survivors.
Tuesday 17th July
11am - 12pm
McHarry's Bus Depot
Session will include:
• trial hopping on/off the bus
• identifying location of the Miki and how to scan
• learning how to alert the driver for next stop
• locate route numbers on the bus
• identifying the seating to establish suitable / most comfortable places
• and more...
For more information or to register for the session, please contact Kim or Carly at the Barwon Stroke Support Centre on 4222-7630.
"But what if I can't get there?" you ask? One of the team members at the Barwon Centre will pick you up from your home, take you to the session and drop you back home afterwards to ensure you have access to this training.
This session is one not to be missed!