The 2019 Stroke Association of Victoria Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday 12 November at AMP Melbourne.
SAV Members, Board and staff heard from SAV Chairman, Colin Scott, on the key milestones and successes of the year which include:
• Establishment of two additional centres in Bendigo and Newport (opening January 2020)
• The Stay at Work Initiative (SAWI) – a program funded by the AMP Foundation in partnership with Barwon Health and Deakin University
• Will 2 Walk which raised in excess of $55,000
We are thrilled to welcome four new members to our Board; Anita Roper, Mary Galea, Margaret Turner and Konrad Ermert who each bring a wealth of knowledge and new ideas to the Association. To read more about our new Board Members, click here.
With these arrivals comes three departures; Scott Buchanan who was on the SAV Board for two years, and involved with the Association for over four years, as well as Philip Wilkins and Dr Wei-Peng Teo who were both on the Board for one year. SAV would like to sincerely thank Scott, Philip and Wei-Peng for their contribution to our organisation.
The Stroke Association of Victoria Board currently consists of:
- Colin Scott (Chairman)
- Anita Roper (Deputy Chairman)
- Neville Taylor (Secretary – Acting)
- James Harkness (Treasurer)
- Bob Slater, AM
- Dr Carli Roulston
- Claire Greig
- Justin Wilbrow
- Professor Mary Galea, AM
- Dr Margaret Turner
- Konrad Ermert
With such dedicated and compassionate men and women on our Board we know that SAV is in very safe hands and has a fantastic future ahead.
We thank everyone who attended the 2019 AGM. To obtain a copy of the minutes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org