Today Sienna shows you how to make the most delicious Anzac biscuits.
Ingredients and method are outlined below the video.
(Makes 20 biscuits)
125 gm unsalted butter
1/4 cup honey
pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp boiling water
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 150ºC.
- Line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and honey, stirring until the mixture starts to bubble. At this point, add a pinch of salt.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda with boiling water and add to butter mixture.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour melted butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of mixture into a ball and place on a tray. Repeat with remaining mixture, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on trays before transferring to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.