Healthy Salted Chocolate Banana Bread
This recipe was created by Celeste O’Brian – qualified fitness and nutrition consultant.
- 125g (1 ¼ cups) almond or hazelnut meal
- 65g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 50g (1/4 cup) coconut sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk of choice
- 5 mashed bananas
- 1 large banana halved lengthways
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, line a loaf tin with baking paper or use a silicon loaf tin.
- In a large bowl mix the nut meal, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and milk. Fold in the mashed banana.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into loaf tin, arrange the two banana halves on top and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clear.
- Cool in the tin before turning out and slicing. Serves 12.