Sienna is a Stroke Survivor, ex patisserie chef and the Barwon Stroke Support Centre Coordinator. Join us as Sienna demonstrates how to make an easy and healthy muesli tart using ingredients found in your pantry and fridge.
The ingredients and method are outlined below the video, so you can follow the steps at your own pace.
3/4 cups cornflakes
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup mixed nuts
1 tbs unsalted butter
2 tbs maple syrup
125g preferred yogurt
1/2 cup fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a round tart tin with removable bottom and place on a baking tray
and set aside.
- Place the cornflakes, oats and nuts in the bowl of a food processor fitted with
a metal blade and process until combined.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to a large bowl, drizzle with the melted butter,
and toss to combine.
- Stir in the maple syrup and press along the bottom and side of the tart tin to form the tart shell.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
- While tart shell is baking, prepare desired fruit.
- Transfer tart tin to a wire rack and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool.
- Remove the tart shell from the mould and transfer to a serving plate.
- Spoon yogurt into tart shell.
- Arrange with fruit and serve immediately.
In case you missed our previous videos, you can access them here:
Hints & tips in the kitchen through an OT lens