Sienna is a Stroke Survivor, ex patisserie chef and the Barwon Stroke Support Centre Coordinator. Join us as Sienna demonstrates how to make ANZAC biscuits using common ingredients found in your pantry and fridge.
The ingredients and method are outlined below the video, so you can follow the steps at your own pace.
Makes 20 biscuits
125 gm unsalted butter
1/4 cup honey
Pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp boiling water
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 150ºC.
- Line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and honey, stirring until the mixture starts to bubble. At this point, add a pinch of salt.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda with boiling water and add to butter mixture.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour melted butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of mixture into a ball and place on a tray. Repeat with remaining mixture, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on trays before transferring to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
In case you missed our previous videos, you can access them here:
Hints & tips in the kitchen through an OT lens
Cooking demonstration: Muesli tart with yogurt and fresh fruit
Yoga Nidra: Online meditation session